Moo House and the Cow Shed
5 star contemporary barn conversion on the Northumberland Coast
Our Large House Party and Venue For Large Family Get Togethers!!
A superb place to stay for special gatherings, Moo House has seen its fair share of reunions, 40th birthday dinners, yummy mummy pamper, corporate Christmas parties as well as holiday guests looking for something a bit different with more than a touch of luxury, without the chintz!
''Moo House is a hit for new parents looking for a glamorous self catering option. Its Northumberland location is a revelation with sweeping beaches, low-key spas & salty dog pubs just a short drive away’'….Jane Anderson, Travel Editor, Junior magazine, Feb 2007
Moo House is a newly renovated stone barn conversion at Tughall Steads, a hamlet situated on an organic coastal farm, only 5 minutes drive from the beaches of Beadnell and Newton-by-the-Sea. It is aptly named, as the building was formerly a cow byre!
Moo House sleeps 10/12 plus several cots, with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (two beds and shower rooms on the ground floor offering good disabled access), and plenty of parking spaces. The house is light, bright and airy and furnished to a 5-star standard (awarded a 5 star grade by VisitBritain 2007). With large lounge and spacious kitchen/diner, floor to ceiling windows, log burner, comfy sofas, 32" television, CD player, king size beds, courtyard garden with table and chairs, and walled garden with BBQ equipment and chiminea, we've got it covered for the perfect break!
THE COW SHED
Exclusively available to residents of Moo House, there is the opportunity to use the newly renovated Cow Shed, which adjoins the garden of Moo House - a perfect games room/ chill out zone....complete with pool table and table football/air hockey, sofas, music and books.
Guests can use the Cow Shed as a games room, garden room or somewhere to escape to for a bit of quiet TV watching or book reading. There is a TV/DVD/CD player with a great selection of CDs and DVDs to satisfy everyone's tastes!
MOO HOUSE ACCOMMODATION
- 5 bedrooms - 3 King, 1 double and 1 twin
- Two bedrooms and two shower rooms are on the ground floor (one en-suite), making this ideal for those not wishing to use the stairs
- En-suite bath and room in Master bedroom
- Large lounge with wood burner & flat screen TV
- Large kitchen/dining room to comfortably sit 10 guests
- Utility room/boot room with second fridge, washer/dryer and sink
- Entrance lobby and inner hallway
- Large family bathroom with shower and fabulous large corner bath! (ideal for two or the kids!)
- 3 additional shower rooms and downstairs wc
- Parking area for several vehicles
- Courtyard garden with tables and chairs
- Fenced garden off the kitchen with table and chairs
- Private walled garden with BBQ and seating area and outdoor table tennis
- Grassy play garden with football goal
- The Cow Shed - indoor games room and chill out room has a full size pool table and table football/air hockey, TV/CD player plus a keyboard (a great bonus for the musically inclined!)
- Superb quiet countryside location just 5 minutes drive to the beach
- Log burner in lounge
- Gourmet oak kitchen
- Ceramic tiled flooring
- 32'' TV with Free view
- Art work including works by local artist Alan Smith Page
- King size beds, pocket sprung Feather & Black mattresses
- Tables and chairs for outdoor eating
- Party size coal BBQ
- Children's play equipment in enclosed private garden
- Two adult mountain bikes, 3 kids mountain bikes, an adult wet suit and a set of golf clubs available for free use
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS GUESTS
'Just wanted to say a great big thank you from myself and my family for the lovely week we spent at Moo House.
I can't think of a thing we would've changed about it - even with a couple of days of rainy weather the children were more than happy to 'hang' in the cow shed; we all had a great time. Thanks again, and here's wishing you all success with the new property, we're definitely hoping to come back again'
' The Cow Shed made the holiday! What a superb facility. When I saw the full size pool table and the table football, I thought all my Christmases had come at once! The children couldn't believe their eyes! The house is beautiful, we all loved the large bath and spent many evenings round the table in the gorgeous kitchen, drinking wine, admiring the view and planning our next trip to Tughall'
For smaller groups of up to 6 guests plus cots, we can offer Moo House as a smaller, 3 bedroom property at certain times of the year. The two large ground floor bedrooms and one en-suite bathroom will not be available for use when these types of bookings are made. To make a booking at Moo House on this basis, please make the booking over the phone, as our on-line booking system cannot currently offer this discount.
There are no booking fees, no agency fees, no VAT, no compulsory insurance, no meter readings and no charges for linen and towels. Moo House prices are fully inclusive and we don't take offence when you use the extra logs or take the designer toiletries home with you! Our prices include complimentary wine, magazines, mineral water, Northumbrian biscuits and even sweets for the children in your party!
- Full central heating
- Double glazing
- Log burner with log supply
- 32'' flat screen TV with Freeview
- DVD & selection of DVDs
- CD player & selection of CDs
- Hand blender
- Bread maker
- 3 adult mountain bikes
- Double oven & hob
- CD player & flat screen TV in Master bedroom
- Games, toys, books for children
- Selection of games, books, CD's for adults
- Coffee machine & Cafetiere
- Children's outdoor play equipment
- Picnic ware
- Party size BBQ
- 2 Fridges
- Upright freezer
- Iron/Ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Garden hammock
- Adult wetsuit
- Golf clubs with trolley
- Adult board games
- Yoga mat
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN, MOO HOUSE IS EQUIPPED on request WITH....
- Large travel cot
- Wooden bedside cot suitable for young babies
- High chair
- 2 stair gates
- Children's games/toys/books/DVDs
- Musical cot mobile
- Children's baking equipment
- Baby Listening Monitor
- Children's outdoor play equipment
- Baby bath
We have also included a 'emergency baby pack' at the house as a little extra:
- This pack contains a few nappies, a new pack of wipes, nappy bags, a couple of sachets of Calpol, baby bottle and a few sterilizing tablets.
You can make an on-line booking at Moo House by using the Book Now button. Here you will be given the option to pay by cheque or by credit card. Alternatively, call or e-mail us, giving your chosen dates and all of your contact details.We will reply very quickly and let you know if we can process your booking. Payment would be requested by cheque.
Booking Moo House
If you would like to book Moo House.
Coastal Retreats Ltd
Feel free to pop in to see us. We are displaying some lovely interior accessories, cushions, throws, storm lanterns, interior design books, contemporary coastal artwork, cards, books about Northumberland - all available for purchase, as well as some of the wallcoverings, wallpapers and carpet samples we use in our coastal interior design schemes in our cottages. Please stop by, have a browse and take away one of our brochures
Our new address is
Coastal Retreats Ltd and Country Retreats
9 Causey St
Please leave a message - we'll get back to you as quickly as possible! Even when we're out of the office, we check our messages by remote, so will normally get back in touch with you rather quickly. (If we don't then it may mean we're on holiday or if it's a Friday or a Monday, then we are normally busy with our changeovers at the cottages and it is sometimes difficult to reach us)
E mail email@example.com
Keep up to date with our latest news and special offers by registering with us.